See below for several important and exciting end-of-the-year announcements.
Registration is now open for our 2014 conference!
- The 2014 conference will be held at James Madison University on March 14 and 15.
- To register and find hotel information, go to www.vctm.org.
2014 Math Beauty Contest is now open for students!
- The contest gives students throughout Virginia a chance to show their problem solving ability in “beautiful ways.”
- Entries must be postmarked by January 15th.
- Problems and full contest information are available on www.vctm.org
Annual Programs that Work Awards – Time Sensitive Information!
- The Virginia Mathematics and Science Coalition invites you to nominate effective student and teacher educational programs for the VMSC "Programs that Work" Awards.
- The Coalition is interested in recognizing exemplary mathematics, science, and integrated STEM programs that have a positive impact on student or teacher learning.
- Applications are due on December 11, 2013. Go to http://vamsc.org/PTW2014.html for applications.
Fantastic opportunity for High School Students!
- The Joint Science Education Project (JSEP) announces a call for applications from U.S. high school students interested in participating in field research in Greenland!
- Five high school students from the United States will join peers from Denmark and Greenland to spend three weeks during summer 2014 doing field science in and around Kangerlussuaq, Greenland, and visiting Summit Station, a research base on the Greenland ice sheet. Students and teachers will work alongside scientists on research projects in a wide variety of fields including biology, geology, climatology, chemistry, and engineering.
- Students chosen for the U.S. team must be in 10th or 11th grade at the time of application, and they must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Applications are due by January 31, 2014. To apply or find additional information, go to http://www.arcus.org/jsep.
If you learn of opportunities like the ones above for teachers or students, please forward the information to Pat Gabriel (email@example.com) or Ian Shenk (firstname.lastname@example.org)