March is shaping up to be a very busy month! Please read below for some important updates.
VCTM Proposed Constitutional Changes
· The VCTM Executive Board has been undergoing a periodic review of our Constitution in an effort to make it better reflect the changing role and activities of the organization. We are recommending several changes to the current Constitution. Among the major changes are the addition, removal, or combination of several committees and the addition of the office of historian. Please take a minute to review the proposed changes at www.vctm.org.
· The approval of the constitution must be done by the membership. You’ll have an opportunity to vote on the proposed changes at the conference, or, if you cannot attend, a ballot will be mailed by the end of the month. The Constitution can only be amended by two-thirds of the votes cast.
· Thanks for your help in making VCTM a vital and active organization.
· The annual conference is just around the corner! Pre-registration has closed, but on-site registration will be available Thursday, March 13, from 4 – 8 or on Friday, March 14, after 7 a.m.
· To read more about our featured speakers, access the full program of over 150 sessions or find hotel information go to www.vctm.org/VCTM2014.
· If you are planning on attending, here’s some important information:
o Registration is available in the HHS building on JMU’s campus.
o Parking on campus limited. VCTM conference attendees may park in the C10 and C12 lots on JMU’s east campus between the hours of 7:30 AM and 8:00 PM on March 13-15th, 2014. Parking in other lots may result in campus guests receiving parking citations. An online campus map can be accessed at http://web.jmu.edu/parking/parkingmap.pdf
o Sessions are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Friday March 14th and on Saturday March 15th from 8:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
o Commercial Exhibits will be open in the Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and on Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. As you walk around the 1st floor of the conference, please take a moment to thank the exhibitors, without whom our conference would not be possible. Everyone who collects the signatures of six exhibitors on the card provided at registration will be entered into a drawing for numerous door prizes! The drawing will take place Friday afternoon at 4:30 p.m. Be sure to check the VCTM table to see if you are a winner!
o Local volunteers will be dressed in royal blue t-shirts with our conference logo. If you have any questions, please look for one of these volunteers. They will be happy to help!
· A very special thanks to LouAnn Lovin, Kyle Schultz, and the Valley of Virginia Council for Teachers of Mathematics for their help in coordinating what is sure to be a fantastic event.
· We hope to see you in Harrisonburg!
VCTM Professional Development Grant:
· Applications are now being accepted for VCTM’s Professional Development Grant. The grant can be used to attend workshops, institutes, or other in-service opportunities. Two $500 awards are given. Applications are due by May 1, 2014. For information or to download an application, go to www.vctm.org.
Please share these updates with your colleagues! For questions about any of the items, please contact us at email@example.com.