Part 1: October 5, 2018
Part 2: December 13, 2018
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Room 1101 at the PWCS Kelly Leadership Center in Manassas, VA
Have you asked...
- How does high quality mathematics instruction impact student performance?
- What should good mathematics instruction look like?
- How can school-based mathematics leaders improve instruction and student learning?
- What supports are needed?
Come work with you counterparts from across the region to gain a big picture understanding of mathematics instruction!
Explore the developmental stages of mathematics leadership
- Articulating the curriculum
- Implementing the curriculum
- Incorporating effective instructional strategies
- Providing timely and targeted feedback
- Establishing professional learning communitieis
- Fostering professional development
- Registration fee: $65.00 per person for books and materials
- Space is limited to 30 teams of 2-3 people on a first come, first served basis. Teams should include a building administrator and 1-2 math leaders.
- Ten recertification points will be awarded following attendance at both sessions.
For questions, email the following, being sure to include your contact information:
- Elementary: Kathleen Morris, MorrisKX@pwcs.edu
- Middle: Kris Gushue, GushueKM@ pwcs.edu
Feel free to bring your coffee, breakfast, snack, or lunch. Food and drinks can also be purchased in the KLC cafeteria -- cash only.
IF YOU ARE USING A PURCHASE ORDER: First continue the registration process indicating the purchase order number. Then email a copy of the PO to firstname.lastname@example.org and print out a copy of the invoice to submit to your division for payment BEFORE the workshop begins.