Have you asked…
- How does high quality mathematics instruction impact student performance?
- What should good mathematics instruction look like?
- How can school-based mathematics leaders improve instruction and student learning?
- What supports are needed?
- What is happening in other divisions?
Come work with your counterparts from across Central Virginia to gain a big-picture understanding of mathematics instruction! Orange, Culpeper, Fluvanna, Louisa, Madison, and more!
Explore how the 2016 Mathematics SOL shifts:
- build upon a growth mindset,
- challenge schools to provide high quality instruction,
- develop mathematical reasoning in students,
- guide students to make connections through mathematical representations, and
- focus on communication and problem solving.
Analyze the characteristics of cognitively demanding tasks. Examine the role of instructional leaders in transforming student learning.
Registration Fee: $100 per participant includes books, materials, and lunch.
Fee is transferable but non-refundable.
- Registration is open and closes September 1, 2018
- Space is limited to 70 participants
- Confirmation of attendance with more details, including how to submit the registration fee, will be sent by May 15, 2018.
For questions email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your contact information and you will receive a response as soon as possible.
Morning refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Lodging is the responsibility of the participants.